Thursday, September 13, 2018

I Felt Isolated

If you'd asked me about my mental health a year ago, I would have told you I was fine when really, I was struggling. I had a mental illness and I was hiding it. I didn't want to tell anyone because I didn't want people to think I was weird, dangerous or "crazy". The stigma has resulted in me feeling excluded and unable to fit in. It has made me feel isolated and like there is something wrong with me.

If you ask me now I will tell you I have anxiety and depression, in some ways that's scary but at the same time I've accepted that I have a mental illness. I'll be open about it because I feel like by talking about my own journey I can help change the way mental illnesses are perceived.

Battling your own mind is one of the hardest things you can do. People with mental illnesses are some of the strongest people you will ever meet. Life with depression is like the ocean - it's...



Original source: I Felt Isolated

No comments:

Post a Comment