Wednesday, July 11, 2018

I was terrified of going off work with depression

When you look at this picture you probably see a happy girl enjoying a night out with her partner. What you don’t see is the story behind the picture. Three days before, I had a nervous breakdown and had just been signed off work with anxiety and depression.

The theatre tickets were booked months in advance to celebrate our fifth anniversary, and my partner thought that going might help me feel a little brighter. Before the show I had an anxiety attack. I barely remember the show itself but do remember looking at the exits and wanting to escape.

Four days before this picture I went to my doctors for a routine appointment. I had been suffering with depression for 10 years but had always struggled on regardless of how I was feeling. That day I admitted to my doctor I was seriously struggling to cope and although my doctor wanted to sign me off work, I declined.

The next day I...



Original source: I was terrified of going off work with depression

No comments:

Post a Comment